“Sharing” Time - The last Thursday of each month, 10am
Story, song and craft time for children and their carers.
Sporting Memories Group - Fridays, 10.30am - 12.15pm
Do you love talking about sport?
Newmarket Library have teamed up with the Sporting Memories Network to host a Sporting Memories reminiscence group.
The Sporting Memories group offers over-50s the chance to:
- Handle superb sporting images and memorabilia from local and national collections
- Revisit and share memories of taking part in or watching sporting events
- Talk about any kind of sport, from football to speedway, cricket to athletics and beyond
- Enjoy sport-themed games, quizzes and gentle activities
- Banish loneliness and make new, like-minded friends
Sessions are free of charge, with tea and coffee available.
To find out more, click here.
Open Space Area - Wednesdays, 2.30pm - 4.30pm
A space to drop in to listen, chat and think. Contribute your views and ideas, try out new activities and provide feedback, get to know others, find out about free local events and resources. Free tea and coffee provided.
Justin Coe Performance - Tuesday 23 October, 11am - 12.30pm
Join performance poet Justin Coe at Newmarket Library for ‘Are you being silly?’ followed by a workshop. Suitable for ages 5-11 years. Event is free of charge, please book your space with a member of staff. Refreshments will be provided.