The library are looking into running art workshops once a month on Friday afternoons. £5 per session, materials provided, suitable for beginners. Please leave your name and contact details with a member of staff if you are interested.
Book Signing - Thu 14 Feb, 10.30am - 2.30pm
Local author David Laws will be doing a library talk and signing for his book ‘Brexit: An assassin stalks the Prime Minister’
“Sharing” Time - The last Thursday of each month, 10am
Story, song and craft time for children and their carers.
Sporting Memories Group - Fridays, 10.30am - 12.15pm
Do you love talking about sport?
Newmarket Library have teamed up with the Sporting Memories Network to host a Sporting Memories reminiscence group.
The Sporting Memories group offers over-50s the chance to:
- Handle superb sporting images and memorabilia from local and national collections
- Revisit and share memories of taking part in or watching sporting events
- Talk about any kind of sport, from football to speedway, cricket to athletics and beyond
- Enjoy sport-themed games, quizzes and gentle activities
- Banish loneliness and make new, like-minded friends
Sessions are free of charge, with tea and coffee available.
To find out more, click here.
Open Space Area - Wednesdays, 2.30pm - 4.30pm
A space to drop in to listen, chat and think. Contribute your views and ideas, try out new activities and provide feedback, get to know others, find out about free local events and resources. Free tea and coffee provided.